UK Complaints

We want to give you the best possible service. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service we have provided then you should inform us immediately, so that we can do our best to resolve the problem.

In the first instance it may be helpful to contact the person who is working on your case to discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues at this stage. If you would like to make a formal complaint, then you can read our full complaints procedure below. Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help you if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.

You can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

Complaints Procedure

If you have any complaint, including a complaint about your bill, you should raise it in the first instance with your relationship partner or the partner responsible for the relevant matter. If that is felt to be inappropriate, or if you feel that the response of the relationship partner or the partner responsible for the matter is inadequate, you can write to Gunnar Thor Thorarinsson, at [BBA Fjeldco Limited, 2nd Floor, Berkeley Square House, Berkeley Square, London, W1J 6BD].

We will write to confirm acknowledge receipt of your complaint within one business day of receipt. We will then record the complaint in our records and investigate the issues arising, which may involve asking you for further information or documentation as well as discussing the complaint with the relevant member(s) of staff and examining the work carried out for you.

We expect to resolve any problem to your satisfaction and will write to you within, where possible, 28 days of the complaint to confirm the outcome and our reasoning. We will let you know if the process is likely to be delayed.

What do to if we cannot resolve your complaint

If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, the Legal Ombudsman (LeO) may be able to help you. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.

Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint and no more than (i) six years from the date of act/omission or (ii) three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.

If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them – details below:


       Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9am to 5pm.


      Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6167, Slough, SL1 0EH

The LeO will only consider your complaint if, at the time you raised your complaint with us, you were:

The LeO may also consider complaints made by a personal representative or beneficiary of the estate of an individual who raised a complaint with us before they died.

If your complaint concerns acts or omissions outside England and Wales, the LeO may dismiss your complaint if the circumstances do not have sufficient connection with England and Wales.

If your complaint relates to your bill, you may also be able to apply to court for an assessment of the bill under Part III of the Solicitors Act 1974.

Alternative complaints bodies (such as ProMediate: exist which are competent to deal with complaints about legal services should both you and our firm wish to use such a scheme. We have, however, chosen not to adopt an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) process internally.

If you are a consumer client (i.e. if you instructed us for purposes outside your trade or profession) and the complaint relates to a contract we entered into online or by other electronic means, you may also be able to submit your complaint to an external ADR provider in the UK via the EU ‘ODR platform’: